Saturday, July 2, 2011

Trendy Texas Treasures

So one of my very favorite people ever is here in H town! Ms. MC Wickham and I have know each other since kindergarten. We were little Catholic school girls together until high school when I went to the big bad public school and she stayed sweet and innocent for another 4 years by attending a Catholic high school (OK, that is slightly exaggerated). We coincidentally lived on the same dorm floor freshman year and finally realized how much we had in common and instantly became friends. 

MC is one of the most fashionable people I know. She always finds awesome clothes at awesome prices and puts together stylish outfits. Yes, actual outfits. This is something I am completely unable to fathom. If I can get clean clothes that actually fit me and can somewhat match then its an achievement for me. So I asked her to do a celebrity fashonista blog post with all the new items we acquired today. You can also see her blog (which is awesome) here. I love her, I love her blog, and you all are going to love this post. 


The fashonista herself...look how stylish she is. 
.........

Hey frands! Fashionista MC here. I'm in Houston right now and so excited to be hanging with MDiamond. Only seeing her twice in the past year nearly killed me. Seriously. I arrived yesterday morning, and after getting up for the airport at 4AM, our day, due to complete exhaustion, consisted of eating, a movie, and bed. Today though, we woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on big bad Houston. After some Texas BBQ at Beaver's Icehouse, we decided to take our oh-so-thrifty selves on a shopping spree. Meghan took me to Buffalo Exchange, a place that I'd never heard of before, but loved instantly as soon as I stepped through the door. For those of you from Florida, it's very similar to Plato's Closet except with a way better selection and a little more retro. Determined to add some critical pieces to our wardrobe, we began our hunt. 

Items we were looking for: 

  1. Blazers: After seeing Bridesmaids last night and seeing Kristin Wiig's totally cute, yet totally do-able outfits, we knew we each had to have one.
  2. Scarfs: I know what you're thinking: It's summer, what are you....crazy?! Yes, I know it's summer. And if any of you know me at all, you know that I have a new obsession: Summer Scarves. Summer scarves are typically light and airy with brightly colored patterns that can be mixed and matched with tank tops and t-shirts. My wardrobe tends to consist of tank tops, jean shorts and flats during the summer. Add the summer scarf, and voila! You have yourself a fashionista.
  3. "Going Out" Dresses: A must-have for any 23 year old gal. 
  4. Shoes: wedges, flats, TOMS
  5. Anything else that catches our I eye that we can't resist! 
Between Buffalo Exchange, and later trips to Blackbird Trading Co. (another local thrift shop) and the local Forever 21, we each walked away with items we completely love, and stayed completely within our budget! 

Item #1: The Summer Scarf, $10.50, Buffalo Exchange
As I said before, summer scarves are the perfect way to snazz up an outfit instantly. Pair them with a tank top or tshirt and shorts and you've got yourself quite the outfit. 

Item #2:  Black Wedges, $25.00, Blackbird Trading Co.
Wedges are our new favorite things. They are easy to walk in, and can be easily dressed up or dressed down.  The perfect addition to any summer outfit!

Item #3: Blazer (jcrew), $35.00, Buffalo Exchange
Ok, I just LOVE blazers. Pair them with a tshirt, jean shorts, jeans, a tank top, basically anything and voila - cute outfit.

Item #4: Turquoise Necklace, $4.00, Forever 21
Does turquoise ever go out of style? 

Item(s) #5: "Going Out" Dresses, $11.50 (Meg) & $17.00 (MC), Buffalo Exchange
Meg and I were so lucky to find these! At only $11, Meghan's blue dress was a lucky find. It's so comfy and can be dressed up for a night out or down for an afternoon of shopping. My dress had me at the criss-crossed back straps. Love them! PS - as you can probably tell, we adore dresses with pockets - another selling point for both dresses! 
 
Item #6: Pencil skirt, $10.00, Buffalo Exchange

Although I did not model this pencil skirt, it is absolutely perfect for a day at the office or a night out! I can't wait to debut this skirt back in FL.

And that's all folks! I'd like to thank Meghan for letting me take control of her blog for the night. I could have completely sabotaged her, and was so tempted, but....I didn't. Maybe next time. If you're interested in celeb blogging for Meghan or I, let us know! We're always looking for a some extra blog flair. 

Over and Out, Meghan followers. We're off to continue messin' with Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment