Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Twins

I am ridiculous
Nick is also ridiculous
The Houston Galleria Apple store loves us for being ridiculous

Yes. I did it. 

Earlier this week, while blogging at Brasil I noticed it was dark and thought about how nice it would be to have a backlit keyboard. I also thought it would be really nice to sit wherever I want without worrying about needing an outlet because my battery was retarded. It only took about two days and a discussion with Nick to convince me that it was time for a new computer. You know, one that isn't 6 years old, bulky, and with a tiny harddrive (90GB was a lot 6 years ago). I had saved the money but couldn't quite justify getting a new one when, honestly, the 6 year old one ran perfectly. But when I get something like that stuck in my mind it's incredibly hard to get it out (Nick doesn't help either). 

So off we went to the Galleria (the 7th largest mall in the US according to Wikipedia). The Apple store was insane, per usual, even on a Tuesday afternoon. I found a sales associate who got the computer, recommended a case, and had me checking out almost instantly. When I left the counter I found Nick who was on the phone with a friend, who has been a Mac user for about 4 years; they were discussing whether it was worth it for Nick to get one as well. It took about 3 minutes before Nick was talking to another sales associate. I have never seen anyone look so disappointed about purchasing a computer. I think he hated himself for a few minutes. No worries, this quickly wore off once he got in the car and immediately opened the box. 

We left the apple store with some very well designed bags (read: backpacks) which came in handy because we also had to make two "quick" stops for shoes. "Quick" isn't always what you want it to be when you're in a four story mall and extremely anxious to get home (for obvious reasons).  But let's face it, I really didn't want to return to the Galleria for a while. I went last summer for the first time, I returned this summer, and hope to continue this yearly trend. Malls stress me out, not to mention I have to spend money when I'm there. No thanks. 

Finally we returned home to set up and play with our new toys. It was like Christmas. We actually ate lunch standing up and in record time before settling down to an afternoon and evening spent on the couch. 


Meghan meet Macbook 

Needless to say we hit it off immediately. We were made for each other. 


We've been having a lot of fun. 

And I really have to say it is an awesome computer. Yes, it's not a PC so there are some things I need to get accustomed to, but I am really surprised at how easy the Mac OS really is. I'm retarded when it comes to computers but I've still managed to navigate my way around, with Nick's help at times. It's actually been fun. 


Yes, I did a photo booth session with Willow. No big deal. 

Let's hope I blog more now that I have some new incentive to be in front of the computer. 
We basically live like this now: 

  
Trust me, I thought we both used to spend a lot of time in front of the computer...that was nothing compared to the past two days. I'll take a break when the honeymoon period wears off, although that may take a while. 


1 comment: