Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rainy Day

Rainy days are awesome for doing absolutely nothing at all and pretending like you have an excuse for it. Houston hasn't had a rainy day in months. Since February I think I can remember a total of maybe 4 times that its rained and all those were in the last 3 weeks and only lasted about an hour, until today. It rained most of the day. I woke up just before 11 and it was dark in my room, even Willow was still asleep (very rare). I was going to hit up the gym and break in my new climbing shoes but my Wednesday climbing partner cancelled on me and who really likes driving in the rain? Not me. So then I got on gmail chat with Nick who is getting paid to do nothing today, I wish I would get paid to read all day and sit on gmail chat. Of course I wouldn't love to hang out with rednecks in the heat of South Texas and have to live in a truck or a hotel room. Nor would I really want to do anything that involves tools or stuff that looks likes this

No thanks, I'll take my sick kiddos over that any day. But back to my rainy day. Like I said its been months which means I haven't had a real excuse to do nothing all day in a long time. Although I promise the lack of precipitation has not kept me from taking advantage of my idle time. However, its already near 7pm and I've browsed Pinterest, then facebook, then various different blogs and tumblrs, then I baked cookies, and then ate the cookies and that's about it. Yes I did all this in an 8 hour time span.

If Nick had been home I could pretend like we just got to hang out all day and nobody would think I was being lazy. But he's not home, however, we did hang out all day. Kind of.


This is why my computer is now 500 degrees.

Does anything look different about Nick? Like say, his face? Because its naked. Yup, those crazy oil drilling Canadians down in South Texas made him shave the beard. Don't worry though, it can grow back in about 24 hrs.

Even though he's getting paid to do nothing today he did miss out on these

Chocolate cookies with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I got the recipe from the back of the Reese's peanut butter baking chips package and then just added 1/2 the package plus 1/2 a package of chocolate chips. They're so yummy and chocolaty I may die. They're all  I've eaten today, plus an egg because I wanted to eat protein and pretend like I did something good for my body. I recommend eating them with a glass of milk, which is also really good for your body. Trust me I'm a nurse so therefore I know how to live a healthy lifestyle, obviously.

Don't worry though because tomorrow I'm climbing and working all night. I just had to take advantage of my opportunity to relax. Its not everyday that I get to sleep for 11 hours and then wake up and do nothing. Nope, that only happens 4 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment