Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things I'm loving- Kindle and Willowdog edition

Wow I haven't written a post in over a week, oops. I had intentions of writing one this weekend, but it is rather difficult to find time when you are taking a safe driving course in order to avoid points on your drivers licence. Its also even more difficult when this course requires that you spend a certain amount of time on each page so that a total of 6 hours is spent completing it. Hypothetically speaking it would also make it even longer if you were to fail the test at the end of the longest section simply by not reading a question correctly, therefore forcing you to go back and redo the section. I, of course, would never put myself in such a situation and, consequently, would never end up staying awake until 3:30 am on a Saturday night to complete the course. Nope, not me. But that is neither here nor there.

Plenty of other things have been happening around here. Most of these things do not include interacting with real humans. Unless you consider attending to constant beeping IV pumps at work for 2 day straight an interaction. Trust me, its not. Its difficult to spend time with humans when you work all night and your
boyfriend has to live in South Texas for several weeks drilling oil and sucking up to obnoxious Canadians...don't ask. So without further ado here is my next post about some things I'm loving lately.


I always enjoyed reading but let's just say that my new toy has definitely "rekindled" my love for books. I love how nice it is to carry one small, lightweight item around instead of large bulky books whose covers often get destroyed in my purse or work bag. And when I'm out and about and I finish a book I can just order another one and be reading it almost instantly. This actually happened at work the other night, and I just searched for a new book during my lunch break and was reading it before I had even finished eating. The only downside is that it makes it super easy to spend money. I just download books and amazon automatically charges my account which makes it feel like nothing is happening until I see 3 5$-10$ charges on my card, but lets not talk about that. You can also lend many kindle books to other kindle users for 2 weeks which is a pretty cool feature. There are quite a few books that are lendable too. And while not all books are available on kindle there is a surprisingly good collection and everything is usually between 5$-10$ making it cheaper than buying the hard copy of the book. I just wish that the HP series were available : (

Another awesome feature is the screen, its so so easy to read and when I'm at work I dim the lights around my desk and I can actually still read in dim lighting. You can't read in the dark but it is a lot easier than reading an actual book and it looks very realistic.

Aside from the actual kindle itself I am also obsessed with my case. Its super cute and it stands up on its own which is awesome. Plus who doesn't love yellow flowers?

I'm thinking I'll put together a summer reading list of books I recommend and a few books that I plan to read.


I also realized that I never did a Willow birthday post. I'm such a bad parent. We didn't end up at the dog park but she did get some vegan peanut butter cookies shaped like squirrels, topped with peanut butter and peanut butter ice cream. Anyone want to guess what her all time favorite food is? Unfortunately I am a bad mom and did not get a picture of her devouring the treat, but trust me, she did, quite rapidly too. However, I do have a pic of the cookies 


The recipe is also really yummy if you are a human as well, its one of my all time favorite desserts to make. I would say Willow is a lucky dog for getting so many treats, but really I am the lucky one. She so much fun and always makes me smile. I absolutely love how crazy she is when I get home from work in the mornings, its so nice to come home to such a sweet, happy dog. I love her

No comments:

Post a Comment