Saturday, June 4, 2011

Puppy love


I was in the middle of writing a post about how I got cancelled from work tonight (again) but Nick deleted it on accident because he was attempting to post about a missing dog on an online listing for lost and found pets. If there was any night that I should not be at work, this was it. Who doesn't love surprise visits from awesome, friendly dogs? 

Nick went outside to get the mail and immediately ran back in to call me out to meet a sweet golden retriever mix who was lounging in our neighbor's yard. After giving him some love, some water, and a treat we started looking around for someone who may be missing a dog. He had no collar and none of our neighbors seemed to recognize him. So being the kind-hearted dog lovers that we are Nick and I invited him into our backyard. We called the police department and then animal control who told us to call back on Monday. Nick responded to this news by giving me a serious look and saying that we can't get too attached to him, I of course figured we had a new addition to our little family. 

Just to be safe we started driving around to look for people who were looking for a dog. Just as we left some neighbors pulled up into their driveway and I noticed their gate was open. We called out to them asking if they had a dog and were greeted by a slightly drunk man and his VERY drunk wife. The dog's name was Bear and he belonged to their son who had just moved in. They had been gone all day and didn't realize he was gone. So, unfortunately we will not be the owners of a sweet new doggy but its probably for the best because I think the 30 minutes Bear spent with Willow were a little too much for him. He was a great sport though, its not easy to sit outside in the heat with an obnoxious puppy jumping on you non stop. Hopefully no more cute animals stop by while I'm at work tomorrow. 

Also speaking of puppies, this puppy will be turning 2 years old this month.


 I know what you're thinking, they grow up so fast! We don't actually know her real birthday but its around June/May so I decided to make it June 12th so we would at least have a specific day to celebrate on. Perhaps I'll have a special b-day celebration post next weekend, and maybe a trip to the dog park...

No comments:

Post a Comment